We’re living in the Chatbot boom era. They have already taken-over major marketing activities that are time-consuming and tedious for human employees. Today, chatbots are effectively running social media campaigns, sending bulk emails, and sharing content on Facebook Messenger without any human oversight.
This chatbot trend is increasingly visible on most eCommerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce. The advantage of using WooCommerce chatbots is that they are available 24/7 and filter out the everyday conventional queries that would otherwise hold up the support agents’ time.
For those who ain’t aware of WooCommerce yet or plan to start an online store but don’t know “how”, we’ve further explained in brief about WooCommerce and why WooCommerce chatbots are beneficial for your eCommerce store.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce isn’t any standalone site builder. Instead, WooCommerce is an open-source WordPress plugin. Being an open-source plugin, it is FREE to install and use. WooCommerce basically transforms your plain and simple WordPress site into a fully-functional eCommerce site.
It helps you sell products and services from your WordPress site. Also, you can add multiple add-ons to extend your site’s functionality as and when needed. Similarly, WooCommerce chatbots can add real value to your eCommerce stores as they –
- Can attract more potential customers and convert them into leads
- Can handle multiple customers together without slowing down or hampering any user experience.
- Offer personalized recommendations to users and price checks for loyal customers
- Improves customer-brand interaction by providing them with product suggestions considering their requirements.
Integrate WooCommerce Chatbot To Your eCommerce Store With BotMyWork
To add a WooCommerce chatbot to your eCommerce website, you need to follow the steps categorized into 2 sections.
- To start with, create an account on apps.botmywork.com using your existing Facebook account. (PS. – Don’t worry about your data. It is safe with us)
- Once you’re logged in, the first screen that will appear next provides you an option to create a new bot. Select the option “Create A New Bot”. Add a Name to your bot. And connect it with your Facebook page before you take a step further.
Please note that failure in syncing of the bot with the Facebook page may result in errors and faulty functionality of the bot.
- The next step is to design the workflows for your bot. These workflows are the series of messages shared with the user while in conversation with the bot. To start creating a workflow, select the “Stories” option from the Side menu followed by selecting the “Create New Group” option under the welcome section.
- Once your new group is created, rename it as WooCommerce. The next step is to add a workflow to the group. Further, rename the added flow in the group as “Entry” through the field options available on the top right corner.
- To create a Welcome Message, select the “Text” option from the carousel. A text box will appear next. Type in your welcome message in the text box. A welcome message is the first text shared by the chatbot with the user as he/she accepts the request to connect with the chatbot.
- After your welcome message is created, click on the “New Attribute” option to add an attribute to your flow. An attribute segments the users as per their source. For example, if you run 2 websites and have added your bot on both, attributes will help you identify which user came from which website.
- Add WooCommerce chat in the attribute value field after selecting the “Entry” attribute.
- Once done with the attributes, go to the “Plugins” option in the side menu and click on the “Create” button at the top-right corner.
- As you’ll select the Create option, you’ll see many further options appear on your screen. Select the “Customer Chat” option and rename it to WooCommerce Chat Widget. Click Create.
- Here, you just need to pick your follow up message which is Entry in this case. Add your domain name and copy the code you see on the screen.
- The next step is to add this code over your WooCommerce store page where you need the widget to be displayed. (The next section will guide you through the process of adding the code to your WooCommerce store.)
- Log in to your WooCommerce website.
- Go to the “Appearance” section on the left-side menu.
- In the Appearance section, go to “Widgets”. Select the “Custom HTML” option and select the file to edit.
- Select the section where you wish to add the Chatbot widget. For example, Select “Footer Column 1”.
Voila! Your WooCommerce Chatbot is successfully integrated with your WooCommerce store.
The Final Thoughts!
WooCommerce is a robust platform serving its customers for more than a decade now. WooCommerce is very convenient and fully-functional to use with a wide range of plugins available to extend its functionality. Having a WooCommerce chatbot, however, will be like icing on the cake. It will smoothen the functioning of your WooCommerce store while saving you time, efforts, and resources that were required earlier.
So why wait?
Get your WooCommerce Chatbot integrated with your WooCommerce store today with BotMyWork Chatbot Builder!
Have doubts, queries, or any suggestions? Drop it in the comment section below.