There was a time when we even can’t imagine the existence of chatbots and now the picture has changed so dramatically that we can’t imagine taking a step without them! From can’t imagine the existence to can’t imagine a step without chatbots has a remarkable journey to recite.
Chatbots have been in use for scheduling meetings, setting alarms, sending reminder emails, and helping customers to complete their shopping. The ease that human desire to have at each pace has increased the engagement of text and voice bots in our lives. Both are contributing their part in catering customers with an elite experience and that could be the reason why their demand is growing significantly in the eCommerce market. But the popularity of eCommerce voice chatbots has increased so much that we are required to think about the reasons behind it and take relevant measures for the same! So, let’s discover more on eCommerce voice bots in this post!
1. What Are Voice Bots?
Voice bots are voice-enabled chatbots that exchange dialogue in human voice. They are programmed so that they can interact with humans and accept commands in oral and written forms. In the present time, Amazon Echo and Google Home are the most popular voice bots in the eCommerce market. These voice bots are gaining more attention and it’s rapidly growing from 2015 to 2021.
Source- Chatbot Magazine
Voice bots are classified into two categories i.e. text to speech bots and voice-only bots(Siri and Alexa). These bots can perform basic to complex tasks without breaking the interaction with customers and hence are becoming more common in industries where customer support is demanded in bulk amount.
2. Gains & Losses Of Voice Bots In eCommerce
Let’s now review the advantages & disadvantages of eCommerce voice bots for online retailers.
A. Benefits Of eCommerce Voice Bots
- Improves inbound marketing i.e. it works in your sales, marketing, customer support, and closing more profitable sales.
- Regular activities like scheduling meetings, setting alarms, making phone calls, sending reminder emails, and playing music have become uncomplicated with voice bots.
- It generates more qualified leads for the business without disturbing support members.
- Upselling or requesting existing customers to fill the survey becomes more flexible.
- Customers can download the audio file and listen while completing other activities.
- Reduces the friction involved in completing an online action.
- It provides two-way communication and thus best in customer support.
- Voice bots are capable to listen and pause when required and that too 24/7/365.
- People who need to perform multiple tasks and are good speakers can reduce their work pressure with voice bots.
- Increases voice shopping.
- Online retailers can provide detailed solutions without annoying their customers.
- Customers find listening more engaging than reading long text.
- It helps and reduces the task of the procurement department.
B. Pitfalls Of Voice Bots
- Voice recognition isn’t accurate every time that results in poor customer experience.
- Voice bots are more costly than text bots used in Facebook Messenger.
- Interaction with voice bots requires no sound disturbance.
So, it’s clear the pitfalls are fewer and that’s the reason why the demand for voice bots is continuously increasing… Customers want bots before… after…. no matter what the situation is! 😒
Source- Chatbot Magazine
After knowing the benefits of voice bots let’s try to figure out the difference between the voice bots and text bots.
3. The Comparison Table- Voice Bots Vs Text Bots
Voice-activated bots and text bots both assist customers’ in completing their regular activities without giving stress to support members. Both are contributing and benefiting the eCommerce market eco-friendly without pitching sales speech. The only difference is the way they use to interact i.e. one is strictly text-oriented and the other can use both text + voice.
Text-activated bots receive commands and exchange dialogues only in text form. The users are required to use keyboard buttons or click the options provided by the bot to continue the communication. Voice bots can respond in human language using pre-recorded and text to speech messages. eCommerce voice chatbots can also be used in messaging platforms where users can either play the audio or read the text to respond accordingly. Let’s go through some examples to better understand how eCommerce voice chatbots are different from text bots enabled on platforms like Facebook Messenger.
If you are interacting with a Messenger chatbot and want to purchase something then you are required to use text buttons and click the pre-defined options created while training the bot. Here you can search and purchase your desired product but with a voice bot, you can also play the audio file of the message. After selecting your product you just need to say I want to buy XYZ product and complete your checkout. If you run a restaurant you can allow your customers with a re-order facility and that too with a voice command. You can do a lot with voice bot you just need to have creative minds.
Try to figure out the approach you can embed voice bot for your eCommerce business. You do need to find out the approach as every other customer wants bot in their life. Let’s now uncover the reasons why consumers want voice chatbots.
4. Reasons Consumers Prefer Voice Bots
- Accessing information is faster.
- It creates two-way communication.
- More convenient and easy to access.
- It requires less physical touch.
- Consumers can interact with a voice bot 24/7/365.
- Completing online shopping becomes frictionless.
- Solves queries in seconds.
- It provides reminders about the abandoned cart.
- Customers can gain complete information without getting bored.
- Scheduling meetings or performing regular activities become easier.
- Learning about brands’ terms and policies is simpler.
- It doesn’t feel like you are interacting with a bot.
- It’s more interesting to engage with voice bots.
- Consumers can handle multiple things at a time.
- It automates and brings ease in regular activities.
- It provides personalization at each step.
So, these are the reasons behind the popularity of voice bots among customers.
Voice Chatbot: The Future Of eCommerce Business
There is no stoppage for voice bots. Customers want responses in voice and thus voice chatbots are becoming trending in the eCommerce market. So, if you aren’t levering them in your business then do consider them and try to implement them. They can really help you in expanding your business. If you find the post attractive do comment and share your thoughts.
Get started with your first Messenger bot today, FREE