Chatbots expand their limits to as much an extent as possible. It is one of the most trending AI applications. The chatbots excel in every sphere you apply them – to chat, to collect user data, to create planners, literally anything. The catch here is, “how well you have trained them?”
Interactive chatbots have led a new life to conversational marketing. The multi-faceted uses and benefits lure in the high-quality lead with every chat. They aren’t only helpful in conducting real-time chats. They are also supportive in collecting user data like name & email addresses through chats itself.
BotMyWork provides an easy-to-go multi-purpose solution: BotMyWork Chatbot Builder!
Using BotMyWork Chatbot Builder, the merchants can easily create the messenger chatbots for their website. Also, while configuring the messenger chatbot, they can define the type of data they wish to collect and from which sources. Let’s see how –
3 Steps To Collect User Data With A Chatbot
Step 1) Sign up & Configure BotMyWork Chatbot Builder
- Activate your chatbot by logging in with your Facebook Business Account.
- Grant access permissions to the bot to make it more functional and responsive.
- Once done with permissions, you’ll be redirected to the list of your Facebook pages.
- Select the page you wish to add bot on.
- Setup the configurations for your bot & let it start the conversation.
(Read a step-by-step guide to create a free chatbot with BotMyWork Chatbot Builder within minutes.)
Step 2) The Simple Lookout – Get the information directly from the Live Chat Panel
Nobody wants to share their private details until they are convinced of the data privacy concerns. Making your chatbot converse and build this trust with the individual chatting from the other end facilitates the fetching of information from the Live Chat Panel itself.
1. Start with creating scripts to define the flow of conversation. Train your bot according to your scripted workflow.
2. Create a new story. The story is a scripted flow that your bot will use in the future to go along with the conversation. The bot replies to the queries received concerning the keywords used in the queries.
3. Choose the Native Element. The data types used for each input field and input type is here referred to as a native element.
4. Create the response block for each native element selected with the input field to redirect the user accordingly once the data input from the element is extracted.
For Example: if you wish to save the email id of the individual conversing with the bot, you can do it like below –
- To get the email from the user on chat, you need to add a new block and add the title of the block with the keyword “Email” so the bot knows when to trigger the action while in the middle of the conversation.
- Select Native Element as Email.
(Since you don’t want the user to use an incorrect email ID to start conversing further and take false advantage of your chatbot. Be sure to use email validation. A sigh of relief for the ones who don’t like the fuss of validations – With BotMyWork Chatbot Builder’s Email Element, you don’t need to apply external validation files as it is already validated.)
- Select the Attribute corresponding to the user input native element to store the data against that particular attribute.
- Select the validation of the Attribute field and variable name to be “Email”.
- Save the settings and test the flow with & without the keyword. Enter the wrong email id format to check the proper functioning of the validation.
- Add a text element to reply with the “Thank You for sharing your Email ID” message after receiving the email ID.
Similarly, you can collect user data from the various input fields easily name with the text data type, contact with phone number type, etc.
5. Test your flow of conversation by conversing with the chatbot by clicking the “Test Your Messenger” button on the top-right corner of the dashboard. Rectify if any errors found.
6. You’re ready to go.
Step 3) Save Collected User Data & Infer Information
The collected user data via the chatbot conversation flow is saved against the attributes defined as Name, Email, Contact, etc. The data fetched can be viewed on the Sidebar appearing in the Live Chat Panel of each individual.
Benefits To Collect User Data Through A Chatbot
Well, we have been discussing so far on how to collect user data with a chatbot. Indeed you must wish to know the benefits of collecting user data with a chatbot too before investing time in training the bot to collect data for you. Hence, here we present to you the list of the top 6 most important benefits of using chatbots to collect user data.
- Lower rate of investment in customer support to acquire client details.
- Instant list of active subscribers generated automatically from the information acquired from each chat.
- Better opportunities to build & nurture leads.
- Personal details acquisition provides better networking opportunities with clients.
- Retargeting inactive subscribers and cold leads.
- Profiling users among categories for better targeting.
Keep Chatting. Keep Collecting!
Your chatbot will never stop, never get tired to chat, and will never get bored of doing the same thing repetitively. The advantage you have with chatbots is that they converse with the same enthusiasm every time as you have trained them for the first time. So, take advantage when you can! Because ultimately its the business growth that we all strive for.
Enjoyed reading out the blog or using BotMyWork Chatbot Builder? Have Questions? Comments? Share your views with us in the comment section below or join us at @FacebookCommunity. Please feel free to reach out to us at @BotMyWork.