Hola! It’s 2020 now with a better phase of technology upheld for the future. The past year, i.e., 2019 has witnessed the increasing use of AI-based technology in various sectors of industries as well as home care products. Out of various AI applications, Chatbot trends are on elevation. Yes! The most considerable use of AI was observed with the use of Chatbots in messaging apps.
Rising Chatbot Trends In Marketing Witnessed In 2019
Chatbots are trending among the industrial sectors. Industries use chatbots to automate the business processes, hence targeting smart work than hard work 😉. Chatbots are transforming the way businesses communicate with their customers. Let’s first check out the most prominent use cases of chatbots followed by the most efficient statistics of chatbot trends observed in 2019.
Chatbot Trends Observed In 2019
- Chatbots are equally popular with startups and Millenials.
- 65% of consumers prefer messaging apps and connecting on chat than customer call support.
- 50% of consumers prefer shopping online from the stores where they can connect over chat.
- 10k+ chatbots are already running for Facebook Messenger Marketing.
- Chatbots help to reduce operation costs, customer support costs, manpower by 30%.
- 67% of consumers worldwide used a chatbot for customer support in the past year.
- 35% of consumers want to see more companies using chatbots.
Statistics About Chatbot Users
With the technological advances in communication, consumers expect to seek out information or contact customer service fast and direct. The shortage of a prompt response usually causes customers to become frustrated which could mean you lose a customer. Chatbots are the solution. They will give real-time help exactly when customers need it.
- 69% of consumers prefer chatbots because of their ability to provide fast answers to simple questions. (Chatbots Magazine, 2018).
- Over 50% of customers expect a business to be open 24/7 (Oracle, 2016)
- 95% of consumers believe that ‘customer service’ will benefit the most from chatbots. (Drift, 2018)
- 67% of customers globally reported using a chatbot for customer support in the past year. (Invesp, 2017)
- 37% of consumers expect to receive quick responses during emergencies. (Drift, 2018)
- 33% of consumers would like to use chatbots to make reservations, place online orders, and other functions. (Drift, 2018)
- The top industries profiting from chatbots are real estate, travel, education, healthcare, and finance (Chatbots Life, 2019).
- 28% of top-performing companies use AI for marketing
What are you waiting for? Chatbot trends and statistics observed till 2019 remark the potential market it beholds for the future. Let us see the flow of chatbot trends in marketing for 2020 in our next section.
Chatbots Trends In Marketing For 2020
Chatbot solutions in 2020 will spread out their reach to new horizons. The chatbot-based applications aim to be more prepared for the future as per the current scenarios. The skeptical trend points towards keeping the customers engaged in indefinite ways. How? Let’s see.
1. Chatbots For Customer Engagement
Chatbots have been facing 4 major issues throughout, which are ought to be minimized in 2020 and further. The 4 major issues include –
- Understanding conversation’s query content
- Nuances of human dialogue
- Execution of inaccurate commands
- Difficulty in understanding accents
The point of consideration here is that the introduction of Machine Learning concepts with Natural Language Processing is taking the bend towards transforming native chatbots into more human-like.
Chatbots, so far, have been determined into 2 categories – Declarative, and Conversational.
Chatbots in business communication projects a market size of more than $1.3 billion by 2024. (Intellectyx, 2019)
2. Chatbot Messaging Is The New Normal
68% of customers note that messaging is the most suitable way to stay in the loop with businesses.
The concept of conversational chatbot marketing motivates the customers to get involved in some kind of chat first before they make a decision. The use of chatbots in various messaging apps facilitates sales & lead generation, marketing engagement, customer support and also boosts brand awareness. (Adweek, 2019)
That is not all! Voice bots in messaging apps are also motivating the conversation among the users. Voice bots also boost the voice search SEO practices.
3. Chatbots For Customer Services
Not only in messaging apps, but chatbots are also integrated with service-based apps like BookMyShow, OYO, Red Bus, Sephora, MakeMyTrip, etc. These service apps use WhatsApp for Business integrations to share the booking details and/or reply queries over the WhatsApp chat.
Since providing better customer support services is the main agenda for using chatbots in various industries. It will be achieved in the future years as chatbot marketing trends predicted for 2020 says that –
- By 2020, over 80% of businesses are expected to have some sort of chatbot automation implemented (Business Insider, 2016).
- $4.5 Billion is expected to be invested in enterprise intelligent assistants by 2021. (Opus Research, 2017).
4. Chatbots In Various Apps
So far as we have read or experienced ourselves over various apps, chatbots are implemented in the most skeptical ways. Chatbot trends claim that soon, there will be more apps with chatbots integrated. These apps can be gaming, business, informative, etc.
Chatbots have proved to improve the user’s experience beyond limits and have also increased the in-app hours period by 66%.
Chatbot Trends 2020: Chatbots Will Be Dearer Than In 2019!
Chatbots are going mainstream across diverse business processes and user applications. Chatbots are growing in all directions, then be it a messaging app, social platforms or other product and service-based websites. The 24/7 availability of messenger chatbots in the forefront with advancing technologies will provide tailored customer support.
Are you ready to experience the automation?